Father

My father, Allen Gale Ebling, died of a massive heart attack at approximately 4:30 AM on August 4th, 2012. He was 57 years old. My 13-year-old sister had secretly left the house, presumably to do drugs with her friends, and he, in perfect character, had gone out looking for her at the park down the road from our house.

My father was a very simple man, from my perspective; although I was surprised to hear from some of those closest to him that they considered him a genius. Regrettably, I never had the time to develop an intimate relationship with him, as I spent many years away from home.

What I do know of my father is that I respected him far more than anyone else I have ever known. While he had his flaws, he knew how to live by his beliefs in a manner that was always selfless and caring. He was a provider and a protector, and everything I ever saw him do was motivated by love and care.

No comments:

Post a Comment